Monday, October 24, 2011

Opinions vs. Criticisms...

I'm thinking that, in my former blog, (what a word, "blog"!! I still can't seem to get my mind wrapped around it! :-) I'd used the term "opinion", when actually the word "criticism" would have been more appropriate, and to the point.

Vituperative language is always painful, and it was that language to which I was referring: personal castigation.

One other thing I taught my children, with regard to personal criticism: As Christians, we have the responsibility to think about what is being said to us--harsh though it may be. Is it possibly TRUE? If so, we have a responsibility before God to change our behavior.

If it's not true, take a deep breath, ignore the comments, and keep progressing forward!

In all this, forgive the person; for if you don't, their words will continue to come to mind, and bring you down. Don't let it happen. This isn't God's design for your life. :-)

Enjoy each moment...they're God's gift to us.
W

No comments:

Post a Comment