Do you have any new recipes you're trying out this year? I tried a new dressing recipe for Thanksgiving that had nuts, Granny Smith apples, and diced prunes. It was one of those I "couldn't taste in my head", you know what I mean?? Sufficient is the comment "It won't be on our Christmas table." :-)
I tend to lean toward the traditional holiday fare, and leave the fancy foods to our daughters and daughter-in-law. They're so very creative! And their wonderful innovations extend beyond food.
Ed and I are truly blessed in so many ways! Each morning, we thank God for His gift of family, and hold each one up to Him for that day, to bless, protect, and yes, pardon, when needed. As parents and grandparents, we stand in the gap for each one; for in the busy rush of living, one of our important privileges is to place them before the Father's Throne each morning.
Pss.127
Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
....
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
....
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
May your Christmas find you gathered with those you love.
W.
No comments:
Post a Comment